Attorneys & Mediators
Divorce Attorneys and Mediators work with us to provide their clients with the best-designed settlements. Together we can provide our collective knowledge and skills, which lead to more satisfied clients and shorter negotiations. We use Divorce Settlement Analyst™ software and have the knowledge, credentials, and licenses needed so that clients can understand the value of your proposals. When you partner with Supportive Divorce Solutions clients are more engaged and content with their agreements. Let us be the expectations manager for your clients and assist you in building the strongest settlement possible.
- Facilitate QDROs with an understanding of options available regarding survivor benefits, lump sum options, etc.
- Discuss future tax issues, filing strategies, and exemption strategies
- Discovery of potential hidden assets and income
- Evaluate and value pensions and other retirement plans
- Produce powerful case exhibits in the form of spreadsheets and graphs
- Create alternative financial proposals and “what if” scenarios
- Develop social security filing strategies
- Evaluate client insurance needs – life, health, disability, etc.
- Proper valuation of property, assets, and liabilities
- Collect, organize and analyze financial and income/expense information for Statement of Net Worth
Services are provided for your firm on an hourly fee or retainer basis. Retainers are available on a per case or monthly basis. When you choose a monthly retainer, your firm will benefit from on-call service and priority turnaround time. Supportive Divorce Solutions not only assists you in navigating the financial and tax issues of your case but provides case exhibits, spreadsheets and graphs to support the settlement. You have more time to do what you do best and provide your specialized skills and education to more clients. Let us manage the expectations of your clients and bulletproof your settlement with our financial expertise.
What are the experts saying?
“The professions of divorce financial analysis and matrimonial law have a long, prosperous future together. The skilled CDFA brings rationality to an irrational situation.” – Frederic J. Seigel, Esq.Partner, Fitzmaurice & Seigel, CT
“However the divorce [financial analyst] enters the process, the participation of a financial specialist can benefit both clients and lawyers, according to Sandra Morris [former president of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers]. While the [CDFA] wades through the financial morass of a divorce, the attorney is freed up to focus on legal issues.” – Lawyers Weekly
“Family law clients need all the help they can get. A good lawyer working with a CDFA professional can make even the most difficult cases move forward in a cost-efficient and effective way. Good team-work between a lawyer and CDFA professional always pays dividends for clients.” – Michael G. Cochrane, LL.B. Partner, Ricketts, Harris LLP, ON Author, Surviving Your Divorce: A Guide to Canadian Family Law
Since 1993, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®) has been the most established and recognized designation in financial planning for divorce.