Individuals & Couples
Supportive Divorce Solutions provides individuals and couples with the financial expertise needed during divorce. Supportive Divorce Solutions will alleviate the fears and misunderstandings surrounding money issues that occur in the divorce process. Our specialized skills and training make us the ideal partner to support you in making informed decisions about your divorce settlement and your family’s future.
- Discuss options on how to pay for divorce
- Collect and organize financial information for your lawyer or mediator
- Complete Net Worth Statement and/or verify for accuracy
- Calculate Spousal and Child Support
- Inform you of short-term and long-term effects of dividing property, assets and liabilities
- Discuss how your settlement will impact future taxes and how penalties and capital gains can be avoided
- Value pension and retirement plans accurately and recommend best way to divide
- Determine if you can afford the marital home – and if not, what might be an affordable alternative
- Determine current and future expenses related to your children; including college expenses
- Evaluate life and health insurance needs
- Create a post-divorce budget that fits your lifestyle
Post-Divorce Services with Supportive Divorce Solutions and our Experienced Partners
- Consolidation and/or monitoring of investment and retirement accounts
- Qualified Domestic Relationship Order completion
- Updating Will, Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy and Trusts
- Change of beneficiaries on insurance policies, retirement accounts, etc.
- Financial planning to meet your long-term goals
- Revisiting agreements when financial situations change
Advocate vs. Neutral
We can be hired as an advocate or neutral. As an advocate, we work only for one individual and that individual’s attorney or mediator. As a neutral we are hired by both individuals and can work with their mediator and/or attorneys.
Services are provided at an hourly rate and/or retainer basis. Pricing is transparent and based on the complexity of your finances and the services you wish to use. At your confidential consultation ($100 flat fee) you will be provided with an estimate of your plan to achieve the best financially sound agreement for you and your family. With a written plan, you will have recommended solutions for your divorce agreement. Just as importantly, you will get the education and guidance you deserve during this difficult time to ensure that you are making informed decisions for your future.
- More than two million North Americans will divorce this year
- 100% of divorces involve financial settlements
- The divorce rate among those 50-plus has doubled over the past two decades
Source: IDFA, Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
Since 1993, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®) has been the most established and recognized designation in financial planning for divorce.