We advocate, educate and empower you to make informed decisions about your future. By doing this, fears and misunderstandings surrounding money issues are alleviated. Our specialized skills make us the ideal partner to guide you in making decisions you understand and are confident about.
- Discuss how to pay for divorce, prepare and start the process
- Consider what type of divorce is best for you: Mediation, Collaborative, Litigation
- Collect and organize financial information
- Complete the Statement of Net Worth and/or verify for accuracy
- Calculate Spousal and Child Support
- Create a post-divorce budget that fits your lifestyle
- Inform you of short-term and long-term effects of dividing property, assets and liabilities
- Discuss how future taxes, penalties and capital gains can be avoided
- Value pension and retirement plans accurately and recommend best way to divide
- Decide if you can afford the marital home – and if not, what an affordable alternative is
- Determine current and future expenses related to your children; including college expenses
- Evaluate life and health insurance needs
Post-Divorce Services with Supportive Divorce Solutions and our Experienced Partners
- Consolidation and/or monitoring of investment and retirement accounts
- Qualified Domestic Relationship Order completion
- Updating Will, Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy and Trusts
- Change of beneficiaries on insurance policies, retirement accounts, etc.
- Financial planning to meet your long-term goals
- Revisiting agreements when financial situations change
After a complimentary 20-minute phone consultation, you can decide if we should meet in person for a 1-hour session. At your 1-hour session ($100 flat fee) you will be provided with an estimate of your plan to achieve the best financially sound agreement for you and your family. After your session, services are provided at an hourly rate and/or retainer basis. Pricing is transparent and based on the complexity of your finances and the services you wish to use.
- More than two million North Americans will divorce this year
- 100% of divorces involve financial settlements
- The divorce rate among those 50-plus has doubled over the past two decades
Source: IDFA, Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
Since 1993, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®) has been the most established and recognized designation in financial planning for divorce.